Hot Active-Standby Redundancy replicates operator HMI bi-directionally and minimizes duplicated and/or missed events without interruption.
PUBLISHED ON Dec 16, 2018
The OrionLX CPX and the OrionLXm can be configured as a hot-standby redundant pair to support applications as a SCADA RTU, substation HMI, Alarm Annunciator, SOE Recorder and substation controller with low-speed to medium-speed logic. Both Orions run identical NCD configurations, logic and webpage configurations, and configurations are auto-replicated between the two.
- Communication to DNP3 SCADA minimizes missed events and avoids duplicate events during switchover using OrionLX database synchronization.
- TCP SCADA can poll to a single TCP at a single IP address. The “Active” OrionLX assumes an alias IP address to make this possible.
- Serial SCADA interacts with Active Orion until throwover is required to Standby. Event buffers are intelligently managed to avoid event floods.
- Tags and Tag Log, Acknowledged Alarms, and Blocked Points and other operator-initiated actions are replicated bi-directionally (Active-to-Standby and Standby-to-Active), so operators can use either HMI for viewing status, placing tags, acknowledging alarms, blocking points or executing controls.
- OrionLX Math & Logic schemes are simplified though database synchronization.
- All IEDs can be polled by both Active and Standby Orion, ensuring that the communication health of the Standby Orion is known prior to throwover.
- Communication health and other diagnostic data is continuously monitored between Standby and Active Orion.
- Throwover to the Standby OrionLX can be accomplished manually or automatically.
- A “Standalone” mode is offered for testing configurations and upgraded firmware.
- NCD, Math & Logic and SVG webpage configurations and SVG pages loaded to Active Orion are automatically transferred to Standby Orion.
- A redundancy diagnostic and status webpage provides intuitive situational awareness
Sep 25, 2018
NovaTech Automation Appoints Chief Operating Officer
NovaTech Automation, LLC announces that Ramesh Nuggihalli has joined the firm’s executive team as Chief Operating Officer.
Jun 29, 2018
D3v16: Next-Generation Performance for the Long Haul
D/3® Version 16 (D3v16) opens new horizons of reliability and ease of use for the DCS with the highest lifetime value in the industry. D3v16 is the first release to harness the next-generation Process Control Module 5 (PCM5) Series’ native Cyber...
Jun 18, 2018
WeylChem Selects NovaTech Automation for Site Expansion
NovaTech Automation announced it installed its process automation equipment at the WeylChem US manufacturing facility in Elgin, South Carolina. NovaTech Automation’s D/3® Distributed Control System (DCS) is part of a new $10 million site expansion...