Hot Active-Standby Redundancy replicates operator HMI bi-directionally and minimizes duplicated and/or missed events without interruption.
PUBLISHED ON Dec 16, 2018
The OrionLX CPX and the OrionLXm can be configured as a hot-standby redundant pair to support applications as a SCADA RTU, substation HMI, Alarm Annunciator, SOE Recorder and substation controller with low-speed to medium-speed logic. Both Orions run identical NCD configurations, logic and webpage configurations, and configurations are auto-replicated between the two.
- Communication to DNP3 SCADA minimizes missed events and avoids duplicate events during switchover using OrionLX database synchronization.
- TCP SCADA can poll to a single TCP at a single IP address. The “Active” OrionLX assumes an alias IP address to make this possible.
- Serial SCADA interacts with Active Orion until throwover is required to Standby. Event buffers are intelligently managed to avoid event floods.
- Tags and Tag Log, Acknowledged Alarms, and Blocked Points and other operator-initiated actions are replicated bi-directionally (Active-to-Standby and Standby-to-Active), so operators can use either HMI for viewing status, placing tags, acknowledging alarms, blocking points or executing controls.
- OrionLX Math & Logic schemes are simplified though database synchronization.
- All IEDs can be polled by both Active and Standby Orion, ensuring that the communication health of the Standby Orion is known prior to throwover.
- Communication health and other diagnostic data is continuously monitored between Standby and Active Orion.
- Throwover to the Standby OrionLX can be accomplished manually or automatically.
- A “Standalone” mode is offered for testing configurations and upgraded firmware.
- NCD, Math & Logic and SVG webpage configurations and SVG pages loaded to Active Orion are automatically transferred to Standby Orion.
- A redundancy diagnostic and status webpage provides intuitive situational awareness
Feb 19, 2018
OrionLXm with Ethernet Switch and Fiber
A built-in Ethernet switch option on E1, with or without fiber optic on E0, is now available on the OrionLXm.
Dec 12, 2017
Bitronics Pole Top Power Monitor
Bitronics offers new power monitoring instruments and packaging options that can connect to pole top sensors to provide fault indication, peak fault currents and full power system measurements.
Jan 25, 2017
NovaTech Automation Orion I/O: The Least Expensive and Most Intuitive Substation I/O Yet
At DistribuTECH 2017, NovaTech Automation is exhibiting the new Orion I/O™ for substations. It delivers NERC CIP-compliant security, the highest I/O density (up to 64 in 2 RU) and the lowest cost per point (under $20). Orion I/O is a member of...