Using the Bitronics 70 Series as an Upgrade Solution in Subs with Electromechanical Relays
PUBLISHED ON Oct 29, 2014
There are still many substation sites where electromechanical relays are providing adequate protection, but where utilities want to upgrade the substation with SCADA measurements, fault recording, distance-to-fault, etc. that aren’t available from the existing relays. Rather than disrupting the existing protection, some utilities are using Bitronics 70 Series to provide these upgrade features.
The offering from Bitronics and NovaTech Automation provides:
- High accuracy SCADA measurements
- Multiple communication protocols and simultaneous physical links
- Split-core CTs for quicker installation
- Multiple recording modes including SOE, disturbance, trend and fault recording
- Distance-to-fault calculation
- Optional digital inputs and outputs and transducer inputs
- Optional detached displays for local viewing
- Design and installation support
Jul 21, 2014
Using the Distance-to-Fault Function in Bitronics 70 Series
Perhaps you didn’t know that the Bitronics 70 Series Single Line Recorders have the ability to provide a distance-to-fault determination. The 70 Series Recorders employ an impedance based Modified Takagi Method, as described in ANSI C37.114 to...
Jul 21, 2014
Recent Enhancements to the OrionLX DNP3 Server/Slave Protocol
Version 3.10 of the DNP3 Slave protocol, released June 12, 2014, provides new enhancements to simplify points list creation and editing. Key features are described below: New Tabular Format for Selected Points DNP3 SCADA points are selected from...
Jun 11, 2014
NovaTech Automation Recognized for PA Export Impact Award
May 30, 2014 Governor Corbett Recognizes Pennsylvania Businesses and Entrepreneurs at Annual Governor’s ImPAct Awards Hershey – Governor Tom Corbett today recognized 50 outstanding Pennsylvania companies and entrepreneurs for creating jobs,...