OrionLX Relay Helper – Simplify Relay Integration
PUBLISHED ON Mar 16, 2012
NovaTech Automation currently provides over 200 pre-engineered SEL® “point pick lists” (or “Default Files”) to simplify the process of selecting points from SEL® relays. When new SEL® relay models are introduced, NovaTech Automation Engineering, or the user, creates a new Default File for that specifi c new relay model.
OrionLX Relay Helper simplifi es the Default File creation process by automating the extraction of SEL® relay “ID” and “DNA” from the new relay model. Using these data, Relay Helper automatically creates the new complete and accurate Default File. The entire process only takes a few minutes.
Relay Helper includes four software wizards. Each wizard addresses a different connection scenario for Default File creation:
• Wizards 1 and 2 are used when the user PC is connected to the OrionLX and the OrionLX is connected to the relay. Relay ID and DNA are automatically extracted from the relays. Wizard #1 creates a new NCD fi le and Default Files with “found” relays; Wizard #2 adds “found” relays and Default Files to an existing NCD fi le.
• Wizard 3 is used when the user PC is connected directly to the relay. Relay ID and DNA are automatically extracted from the relay and a Default File for the connected relay is created and added to NCD.
• Wizard 4 is used when the PC is onl ine and has a copy of the relay ID and DNA. A Default File for the relay is created and added to NCD.
Guidelines for Application of Relay Helper
1) The SEL® relay must support Fast Meter and the “ID” command
2) Wizard 1 and 2 are not designed to work with Cascaded OrionLX confi gurations
3) For a new Default File to be created, a Default File for a relay of that “family” must already exist in NCD
Ordering Relay Helper
Relay Helper is including in the SEL® Master protocol (order code #14).
Dec 19, 2011
50 Series Split-Core CT Option
Utility-Grade Engineering Outperforms Competitive Solutions Clamp-on CTs present a faster, easier way to install power measurement IEDs, but often come with unacceptable compromises to consistent and accurate measurements. Engineers at the...
Oct 03, 2011
ADM Biofuels and Chemical Plant
D/3 and 8000 I/O to Control ADM’s Combined Biofuels and Chemical Product Pilot Facility ADM’s Development Products Division recently selected the NovaTech Automation D/3 and 8000 Series I/O for a new Department of Energy funded biomass/biofuels...
Apr 06, 2011
Low-Cost Orion WEBserver SCADA for Smaller Utilities
After installing Inkscape and updating NCD, users can draw screens from scratch or adapt existing templates. These screens are then associated with outputs and inputs from an XML Slave file configured in Orion, then uploaded to Orion for viewing....