DNP3 Master Protocol
PUBLISHED ON Oct 29, 2014
An upgraded DNP3 Master protocol (NCD Version 3.27 and OrionLX release 8.3) includes up to 256 DNP3 TCP connections and a new tabular format similar to the new format for DNP3 Slave, AAR, IEC 61850 and Points Blocking.
Features in New DNP3 Master Tabular Format:
- All available IED points and selected points visible in tables
- Each column able to be sorted low-to-high, alpha, etc.
- Search function
- Filters to display points by point type
- Selection to hide Master list and only show selected points
- Selection to hide Alias names
- Selection to print points lists
- Selection to edit common attributes for multiple points
- Selection to reorder points
More DNP3 TCP Connections:
- Up to 256 connection for OrionLX CPX (High Performance CPU)
- Up to 128 connections for OrionLXm
- Standard OrionLX remains at 95 connections
Applications with large numbers of points, large numbers of served pages, and extensive math and logic may not also support maximum number of connections. Please work with the NovaTech Automation Application Engineering Group to evaluate your specific application.
Jul 21, 2014
Using the Distance-to-Fault Function in Bitronics 70 Series
Perhaps you didn’t know that the Bitronics 70 Series Single Line Recorders have the ability to provide a distance-to-fault determination. The 70 Series Recorders employ an impedance based Modified Takagi Method, as described in ANSI C37.114 to...
Jul 21, 2014
Recent Enhancements to the OrionLX DNP3 Server/Slave Protocol
Version 3.10 of the DNP3 Slave protocol, released June 12, 2014, provides new enhancements to simplify points list creation and editing. Key features are described below: New Tabular Format for Selected Points DNP3 SCADA points are selected from...
Jun 11, 2014
NovaTech Automation Recognized for PA Export Impact Award
May 30, 2014 Governor Corbett Recognizes Pennsylvania Businesses and Entrepreneurs at Annual Governor’s ImPAct Awards Hershey – Governor Tom Corbett today recognized 50 outstanding Pennsylvania companies and entrepreneurs for creating jobs,...