D/3® Software Concepts for Hardware Personnel
A four-day course designed using the latest D/3® software to provide the student with the information behind the software used by the D/3® DCS to interact with the I/O. Hands-on exercises reinforce the students with experience using the operator’s keyboard and console to help assess whether a D/3® problem may be hardware or software related. Allows the students to see how hardware devices are used by software.
Completion of a D/3® Hardware Maintenance course or the equivalent required.
- Identify D/3® system components used for communications and process control
- D3Architect and D3Manager
- Identify database files
- Describe system configuration utilities and security measures
- WinMOD and MODEL utilities
- Identify analog and digital point components
- Describe cautions and concerns for database changes