D/3® Hardware Maintenance with NovaTech Automation® 8000 I/O
A three-day course designed to give plant personnel the ability to identify malfunctions of the D/3® Distributed Control System using graphics and console displays. The PCM 4100 and 4200 hardware and 8000 I/O hardware is covered in lecture as well as hands-on experience in troubleshooting and repair. This course is specific to D/3® Distributed Control Systems running on software versions 12.2 and higher. Students should carefully check their D/3® software version and system configuration before enrolling in this course.
Familiarity with digital multimeters and basic process instrumentation.
- Overview of D/3® operation and terminology
- Operator console displays and alarm interpretation
- PCM 4100/4200 micro configuration
- 8000 I/O rack configuration and operation
- 8000 I/O module replacement
- Power supply indications
- Hands-on troubleshooting using displays, indicators, and meters
- D/3® Ethernet diagnostic tools
- Controlling analog and digital EPNs