D/3® Hardware Maintenance with Modicon Quantum I/O
A four-day course designed to give plant personnel the ability to recognize and identify malfunctions of the D/3® Distributed Control System using graphics and console displays. Theory of operation and data flow are discussed as are correct maintenance procedures. The PCM Hardware and Modicon Quantum I/O Hardware modules and configuration are covered as well. Lecture as well as hands-on experience in troubleshooting and repair will be provided. This course is specific to D/3® systems running version 6.0 or higher, with PCM models II, III, 100, 2000, 4100, 4200 and Ethernet communications with or without token ring nodes and Modicon Quantum I/O. Students should carefully check their D/3® software version and system configuration before enrolling in this course.
Familiarity with digital multimeters and basic process instrumentation.
- Overview of D/3 operation and terminology
- Operator console displays and alarm interpretation
- Controlling analog and digital EPNs
- PCM MCU chassis configuration
- Modicon Quantum I/O rack configuration
- Modicon Quantum analog and digital I/O module configuration and theory of operation
- Modicon Quantum I/O module replacement
- Power supply locations and checks
- Troubleshooting using LED status indicators, system displays, and digital meters