D/3® Hardware Maintenance with 505 I/O
A four-day course designed to give plant personnel the ability to recognize and identify malfunctions of the D/3® Distributed Control System using graphics and console displays. The PCM Hardware and 505 series I/O Hardware is covered in lecture as well as hands-on experience in troubleshooting and repair. This course is specific to D/3® Distributed Control Systems running on D/3® software versions 6.0 and higher with PCM models II, III, 100, 2000, 4100, 4200, and Ethernet communications network with or without token ring nodes. Students should carefully check their D/3® software version and system configuration before enrolling in this course.
Familiarity with digital multimeters and basic process instrumentation.
- Overview of D/3® operation and terminology
- Operator console displays and alarm interpretation
- Controlling analog and digital EPNs
- PCM MCU chassis configuration
- 505 Series I/O remote base configuration
- 505 Series analog and digital I/O board configuration and theory of operation
- 505 Series I/O board replacement
- Power supply location and checks
- Hands-on troubleshooting using LED status indicators, system displays, and meters