50 Series Firmware 3.02 Features
PUBLISHED ON Oct 05, 2011
New Firmware Version 3.02
New features in 50 Series fi rmware version 3.02 include:
- Addition of a primary unit option in both Modbus and DNP3. The traditional secondary units in all of Bitronics instruments remains (called Optimal Resolution), but some customers prefer to have their RTUs pull back the data from the meter directly in primary units and now they have that option in the 50 Series.
- Password Protection The user will now have the option of adding strong passwords that control the ability to make con figuration changes, reset demands, upgrade firmware, etc. The user can also choose to disable the front display setup option which then requires the user to enter a password from the web interface to do the settings or to re-enable the front display. Password protection is becoming more important as customers are dealing with NERC security issues even down at the SCADA meter level.
- DNP3 Events/Class 1,2,3 Reads The ability to set up DNP events and be able to do Class 1, 2, and 3 reads provides customers the ability to bring back event data only rather than constantly polling for data that may not be changing. This improves data throughput and reduces the amount of bandwidth needed.
- DNP3 Health Bit A logical OR of the individual health check bits is available as a binary input which allows the user to map only one point for a general indication of health of the meter.
- Phase Angle Measurements The fundamental phase angles for currents, L-L and L-N voltages have been added, referenced to the VA-N. Values are from -180 to 180 degrees. One application cited by a utility for the phase angles is determining if there are problems with CCVTs if the phase angles are o by more than 5 degrees.
- Invert CT Polarity This is the equivalent of swapping out the HI and LO connections on the CT inputs. This creates a 180 degree phase shift and it saves the customer from having to change drawings when the polarity on their CT is reversed from normal.
Aug 30, 2011
John Popiak Presents on the DNP Protocol
The fourth of NovaTech Automation’s eight 2011 Technical Symposiums attracted engineers from neighboring utilities to our Owings Mills, Maryland office. Engineers from PPL Utilities, Dominion Virginia Power, and Pepco presented on their...
May 24, 2011
Jean Bandy Newest Member of Executive Team
Jean Bandy joins NovaTech Automation, LLC as Vice President of Operations for the company